Data Privacy Statement
Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Limited respects your privacy and we are committed to keeping your personal information and other data confidential and secure.
1. When does this Data Privacy Statement apply?
This Data Privacy Statement explains the approach taken by Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Limited and the members of the Standard Chartered Group (“SCB”, “we” or “us”) towards the personal information and data that we collect about you (“Your Information) when you visit its Websites, Register for the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon online, Register for the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon by filling physical forms, electronically respond to our online advertisements or when you send us communications via any computer, mobile or other similar electronic devices (‘Device”) and information collected through the registration forms for purposes of the Standards Chartered Nairobi Marathon.
This Data Privacy Statement is limited to information and data collected as above. The Data Privacy Statement does not apply when you leave our Website, including third-party websites where our online advertisements are displayed or links to third party websites which we do not operate or control. Please read the privacy statement and terms and conditions of these third-party websites and decide whether they satisfactorily protect your rights.
2. You consent to our use of Your Information and Cookies
By submitting your personal information through any means detailed in one (1) above you consent to:
- Our use of Your Information as described in this Data Privacy Statement: and (c) the terms and conditions of this Data Privacy Statement.
- The terms and conditions of this Data Privacy Statement.
You agree that we may collect, use and disclose your personal data, motion pictures, recordings or any other records of the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon for any legitimate purposes, including commercial advertising. The information may be sent directly by our agents, advisors and third party service providers (“Other Parties”) and we shall disclose the relevant contact information to them for that purpose.
Please note that if you do not consent then please do not proceed further and do not provide Your Information.
3. What information do we collect about you?
Personal Information is required for your registration to the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These essential cookies are set throughout our Website and are required for the operation of our Website to:
- allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled. This allows us to know whether data can be collected from your web browser;
- temporarily allow you to carry information between pages of our Website to avoid having to re-enter that information;
- temporarily identify your Device after you have logged in to a secure page on our Website so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
- Analytical / performance cookies. These are used to help us improve our Website by:
- tracking your visits to our Website and recognizing your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on new and repeat visitors to evaluate site effectiveness.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to:
- personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language and region);
- store your login and other preferences so you do not have to re-enter that information when you return to the Website.
- Targeting / advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, your response to our online advertisements, track the pages you have visited and the website links you have followed. We use this information to:
- make our Website more relevant to your interests;
- provide online advertisements or offers on our Website or third-party websites which are most likely to interest you;
- limit the number of times you see an advertisement and evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising programs.
- The above cookies may be placed on your Device by us or by third parties on our behalf (for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services).
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to ‘not accept’ cookies by changing the settings on your web browser but if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on our Website will not work properly.
b. Physical Registration forms and Online Forms Personal Information shall be submitted when you complete physical or online forms to register for the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon or when you submit an enquiry online. Please ensure you also read any applicable Terms and Conditions for participating in the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon
4. How we Use Your Information
We will always treat Your Information as confidential. We will use good practices to keep it secure and will otherwise abide by the relevant data protection and privacy laws. The information collected shall only be used in relation to the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon.
5. Disclosing Your Information
When using Your Information for the Purposes we may need to disclose it to more than one company within the SCB Group and to our agents, advisors and third-party service providers (“Other Parties”). When this happens, we will require the Other Parties to handle Your Information using the same level of care that we apply. We will also require them to only use Your Information according to our instructions and directions.
If the Other Parties are overseas Your Information may be sent to another country including countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. We will not otherwise disclose Your Information to third parties unless we have your permission, or we are under a legal or similar obligation.
This means, by way of example that Your Information may be disclosed to:
- Regulators, supervisors, governments or quasi-governmental authorities in countries where we, our agents, advisors or third-party service providers have a presence:
- Agents, advisors or third-party service providers under a duty of confidentiality to the SCB Group:
- Anti-money laundering and fraud prevention agencies (where necessary for the Purposes).
6. Retaining Your Information
We will retain Your Information for as long as the Purpose for which we collected it continues. It is then destroyed unless further retention is required to satisfy a legal, regulatory or accounting requirement or to protect our interests
7. Privacy, security and communication using the Internet
- The Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorized third parties. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold.
- Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. As a result, we do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of Your Information in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
- In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crimes or unauthorized activities, we reserve the right to monitor all Internet communications including web and email traffic into and out of our domains.
8. Withdrawing Consent
If you do not wish for your personal information to be used for Marketing Purposes after the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon for which you have registered, please contact us at: email@example.com
9. Contacting us
If you have questions about our Data Privacy Statement, please write to us:
Standard Chartered Bank
Chiromo, 48 Westlands Road, Nairobi, Kenya
P.O. BOX 30003 – 00100 G.P.O, Nairobi
10. Changes to our Data Privacy Statement
We update our Data Privacy Statement from time to time and ask that you regularly check this Website to make sure you are familiar with the most recent version.
This Data Privacy Statement was last updated on 16th May 2022
All Rights Reserved.