Virtual Marathon Terms and Conditions
Rules and regulations:
The virtual Marathon is where all registered participants will be running at their desired locations, while tracking their times using an app. The time will later be uploaded onto the standard chartered website.
All participants agree to abide by these rules and regulations and comply with all reasonable directions and decisions made by the officials and representatives of Athletics Kenya, World Athletics and Association of International Marathons and Distance Races
Terms and Conditions – Entry
- The official entry form must be completed fully by each intending participant. Completion of the entry form and payment of the entry fee represents acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry application will only be processed after receipt of full payment of the entry fee prescribed.
- Participation in the virtual race does not warrant any prize money.
- Participants must be capable of completing the race distance chosen at sign-up. It is their responsibility to undertake the necessary preparation and training required for their race distance. By entering our event, runners agree that on their chosen race day they will be fit and healthy enough to participate in the race unaided. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
- Participants take cognizance of the fact that running is a strenuous activity and will result in physical exhaustion. They enter the race at their own risk and shall discharge the organizers and sponsors for any injury, illness, loss, or equipment damage incurred as a result of their participation. On the event day, the participants will be responsible for their personal safety including but not limited to: the running route they choose to run on and its associated risks, their running times, hydration along the running routes.
- Participants of 42km, 21km, and 10km must be over 18years of age
- Participants in the 5km Family Fun Run under the age of 18 must always be accompanied by a responsible adult who has agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the event. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian of the entrant to ensure that participants can complete the distance. The parents or guardians will take full responsibility and liability for the minors participating in the event.
- Registered participants are entitled to a shirt and a medal upon race completion. As directed on the website, participants from Kenya will have to pre-book timeslots. International participants will take up all and any shipping charges associated with the delivery of their kit.
- There will be no fee refunded if the event is cancelled for whatever reason
- Terms and Conditions – Participation
- Participants will take up the personal responsibility of complying with the guidelines set by authorities in their respective regions for the management of COVID-19 and participate in adherence to them. The Nairobi Marathon waives all liability for any misconduct undertaken by the participants during their participation.
- The Organizers recommend participants to consider having suitable sports activity insurance cover in place in the event of any illness, accident, injury, or damage caused during the event.
- Participants are advised to run through their chosen routes before the official marathon day to familiarize themselves with the route and any risks associated with it
- All participants and especially those taking part in the long-distance runs (21km and 42km) are advised to make necessary personal arrangements for their hydration and recharging during their races.
- Participation in the virtual marathon will be open to registered participants from 25th October 2021 at 6 am to 31st October 2021 at 11:59 pm. Only times submitted within this period will appear on the final results list. Participants’ time zones will apply.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure their email address and any other required details provided, are correct. There will be no liability on the organizer’s part if the information is incorrect or incomplete.
- If the participant does not complete the race or submit their results by the required timelines, no certificate will be issued.
- The Organizers reserve the right to use the participants’ personal data, contact information, motion pictures, recordings or any other records obtained, collected or submitted for the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon (“information”) for any legitimate purposes, including commercial advertising, re-marketing, marketing of other Products offered by the organizer and those offered by Sponsors to the Standard Chartered Nairobi marathon.
- Participants also consent to allow the Organisers to communicate with them via post, email, text, phone, or other methods before or after the race day. Participants are informed to visit www.nairobimarathon.com/privacy-policy/ for further details on the Data Privacy Statement.
- The participant agrees to follow any rules or instructions provided to them by the Organizers as may be communicated via the event website, by email or any other means of communication.
It is the responsibility of the competitor to familiarize themselves with the event’s rules, the race formats, and any directions as published in the ‘Runners guide’, marathon website or communicated to them in any other form.
All rights reserved.